This building dates from the early 19th century. It is now a Grade II Listed Building protected by law. Historic England highlight the restored bow fronted windows, and central doorway approached by steps with curved railings, and complex glazing above.
The building was once a grocer shop run by Mr. Embleton. By 1833, it was The Globe Inn.
It remained as a pub until about 1980 and was later occupied by the Trustee Savings Bank that moved down from St Michaels’ Lane, following an armed robbery.
Today, the building is occupied by Youngs RPS.