This originally stood in Bondgate Without, near to where the War Memorial now stands. It was one of two pants erected in Bondgate in the early 19th century. It was moved to its present position after the Tenantry column was completed in 1816, about the same time as the Pinfold was moved into Green Batt.
Stone pillar in local sandstone, with panelled sides and simple cap. On the north side there is a figure carved on the front panel – probably Percy Cescent. There is a rear doorway, at the full height of the column, but the door is missing. In the north panel there is an inset to hold a pump handle, but the pump handle is missing.
Described by Historic England as: Former Pant. Square pillar box with panelled sides and coved capping. Early c19 probably. Percy Crescent in front. Rear panel missing.