F. R. Wilson

Employed by Salvin, he undertook the reconstruction rediscovered ruins of St Leonard’s hospice ruins, unearthed by ploughing in 1845. He moved to Alnwick as part of the Castle renovation team in 1854, and remained here for the rest of his life. Wilson was responsible for designing a number of notable buildings including St Paul’s Sunday School, Alnwick Cemetery and Allerburn House, as well as the restoration of the Wesleyan Chapel and St Michael’s pant.