The Freemen bought Alnwick’s first fire engine in 1750, and a second in 1811. They built the Fire Engine House in 1810 on what is now Dispensary Street. This has been long demolished but the foundation stone has been retained in the new wall.
The 1925 OS map of Alnwick shows the Fire Station between Green Bat and Clayport Street.
Later the Fire Station was on South Road and now it is on the Lionheart Industrial Estate.