In 1893 a decision was taken to close the Ragged School and other premises were urgently required. Pupils were relocated to the upper room of St Andrew’s Hall, especially leased for the purpose. St Andrew’s Hall was a purpose built mission hall for St Michael’s Church, a detached stone property built in 1886 in Pottergate New Row. The school continued there until it closed in 1915.
The building has also been a printers.